A big week in our house this week. Lacey is walking now, well four or five steps 😉 There had been great excitement in the house as she shows everyone who calls. She is changing everyday, growing up into a little girl.
Pasta is by far her favourite food. She gobbles it up so we have pasta on the menu a couple times a week. Pasta is one of those ingredients that is so versatile and the different shapes fascinate Lacey. Lacey loves to chat, and meals times never quieten her. She loves picking up her food and chatting, almost like she is commenting on what she is eating, its so adorable!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound minced beef
- 4 cups cooked pasta – 2 cups uncooked
- 2 cups of passata
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-heat and add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute until onions have softened, about 4 minutes. Crumble in the minced beef and cook until the beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the passata and the oregano can cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top and the parmesan cheese too.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did